Full course description
This course helps learners prepare for the transition to work in collision repair shops. When you are ready to take your learning to the next level, this course would be coordinated with a trainer at the shop level to provide hands-on experience while expanding your understanding and skills in six different job shadow experiences. All of this increases your value to the shop and sets you on a great path to success.
- At least 2 days Job Shadowing 6 jobs in different departments in the shop, the last Job Shadow is spent with your Trainer. 2 days Job Shadow plus 3 more days to learn some basic skills. Adapt to local circumstances
- Painter or Painter’s Helper
- Detailer/ QC Specialist
- Parts Specialist
- CSR/ CSS (Customer Service)
- Show up on time, speak respectfully, good grooming habits, good personal skills
- Demonstrate on-the-job that each person you shadow, and your Trainer will want to have you work for their organization and accept you into a full apprenticeship.
- Treat this as a "Long Interview" for a position in the shop